Yoga in Berlin: Learning Yoga away from city in the peaceful outskirts from
2nd Oct to 16 Oct 2017
Yoga is the art of healing human body and soul with practicing the age old asanas and learning the practice of focusing on the inner self. It is the art of rising the inner unconscious mind and reach to the supreme divine power. Yoga gives impactful results if done in the area which is more near to nature and endowed with peace. Our environment and the surroundings also help the yoga learner to master the art in less time if done correctly.
Berlin is the capital of Germany and is a very active city and one of the largest populous countries of Europe. Despite being so populous and politically & commercially active, you can still find peaceful atmosphere and nature kissed locations that can give you apt premised to practice yoga. The region of Berlin is gifted with river Spree and Havel and the one third area of the city is blessed with forests, lakes, gardens and parks. What else one can ask for if you find peaceful nature endowed place in a big metropolitan city.
Why should you go for Yoga in Berlin?
- Appeasing Bank of River Spree and Havel: Berlin is situated on the bank of river Spree and Havel that gives the most desirable location for yoga learner to practice. The melodious sound of the flow of river and calming breeze of fresh air gives the perfect set of location to learn Yoga with full enthusiasm.
- Temperate Seasonal Climate: The city of Berlin is graced with temperate seasonal climate. Because of its suitable climate Berlin is not untouched by yoga learners, the climate helps to focus better on learning and sets adequate atmosphere to learn.
- Seek Peace in the Woodlands of Berlin: Berlin has immense woodlands in the outskirt of the city. Yoga students can go for long walks, practice yoga and meditate in peace under the shade of trees with melodious sound of birds. Woodlands of Berlin give you an aloof place away from the disturbance of city and peaceful site to practice yoga.
- Practice beside Soothing Lakes: Berlin has beautiful and soothing lakes that are chosen as the desirable site to practice Yoga. The sides of lakes are very peaceful; it is relaxing to see the flow of water and marine animals enjoying the peace of nature. Not only the asans would help you to heal but the nature will also complement the practice.
The yoga teacher training lasts one month (divided into two modules / 2 weeks) and includes the following points:
- Yogasana (poses)
- Advanced asanas from Hatha Yoga tradition
- Advanced Techniques of asanas and by Patanjali Ashtanga Yoga
- Human anatomy: the skeletal system, muscular system, respiratory system, digestive system, nervous system, endocrine system
- Anatomy and physiology in relation to Yoga: prevention of disease, etc.
- The different layers of the human body (Koshas)
- Pranayama – various breathing techniques (eg Kumbhaka & Kapalabhati)
- Meditation (Chakra Meditation, Kundalini meditation, guided meditation from the Vedas and other dynamic meditations)
- Raja Yoga (mental training and meditation to make full use of the human psyche: subconsciousness, consciousness and super-consciousness)
- Yoga Nidra (progressive relaxation)
- Science of chakra system (energy centers)
- Nutrition: yogic nutrition principles that 3 Gunas etc.
- Ayurveda : type-specific diet, the different doshas etc.
- Bandhas (energy locks)
- Mudras (yogic gestures as mentioned in the Hatha Yoga Pradipika)
- Trataka (concentrated view)
- Bhakti Yoga: bhajans, Satsang Kirtan
- The eight stages of yoga by Patanjali
- The different paths, directions and Yoga Masters
- Yoga philosophy: Bhagavat Gita lessons and Vedanta Study
- practical teaching methodology: concrete, individual corrections for teaching
The course is suitable for students of all levels. Prerequisite is a basic knowledge of yoga asanas and an average fitness and health. After completion of both modules of training with passing the exam, participants receive the Yoga Alliance recognized certificate YTTC 200 Hours RYS.
Exemplary daily routine:
- 06:30: Meditation / Kriya
- 08:00: Yoga asana
- 10:00: Breakfast
- 11:00: Chanting
- 12:00: Ayurveda / Patnjali Yoga Sutra / Anatomy
- 13:00: Lunch / Karma Yoga / Leisure
- 16:00: Yoga asana / pranayama / Unterrichtsmethodik
- 19:00: Dinner
- 20:00: Satsang, Question & Answer Session
There are one and a half day per week at leisure / Self Study and play. Participation in the full program is compulsory for obtaining the certificate. Classes are held in German and English.